Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Organizing

I am not the one doing the teaching but I am the one doing the lesson plans. That makes planning really hard. I am the type of teacher that I can read a week ahead get the books I want and do it on the fly my husband is not.

I have done spread sheets, lesson planner books and homeschool tracker, looked in to workboxes and now thinking about using a milk crate and file folders to organize the weeks and then put the working week in a binder. I know I plan on storing whatever paper in a binder so that we can watch her progress thru the year in an organize manner. Wonder how many other methods there are?

I have been writing out lessons for the next nine weeks in excel. I figure that it would not be too hard to move those if it doesnt happen like I would like. I think we are going to do the milk crate for the nine weeks as doing that I would not have to buy anything new and see how that works.
We are going to be learning about the rain forest for the next few weeks so I will have in there the color pages that we are going to work on, a grocery list for the food of the tropics, list of dvd and books to get from the library in addition to the list of websites to go to. Also her Kinderbach color sheets, a handwriting page, the lists from OPGTR to work on her reading skills and if there is a RightStart or MUS work sheet that needs to be done and anything that her Hearts of Dakota has her doing. The manuals will be kept on their shelf.

Now to see if this works for DH

We are also doing family game day when I get home from work and or on my day off. I want to make sure that what ever game that we are playing is incorporated in to what ever lessons we are working on.

The other item we are tying into this is our house cleaning. We have never really had a set schedule for that but as one of my goals to teach my child is to managing her time and the house and how that effects other areas of ones life.

Lily also is in gymnastics, dance and drama we have to fit those in plus she always wants to join something new (soccer or iceskating t-ball or whatever sport she hears about or art class or science class) Trying to fit all these items any idea on how to do it all? Oh field trips too Good thing we are not at a homeschooling for "real" yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment