Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lessons I dont want to teach

There are lessons in life that i wish as a parent were ones that just didnt have to be taught. We woke up this morning to an Amber alert. I hate those. A little four year old girl was out with her brother in their front yard and the black four door car stopped and got her and threw her in his car and left. Lily never likes it when mommy makes her come in when I come in the house to go to the bathroom or answer the phone or even get her a drink. I hear but mooommm I will stay in the yard. I have tried to tell her that it isnt always her choice. This is a great teaching tool but one I rather not teach.
In our talks about this this morning Lily is confident that if someone took her she would be able to just leave and walk home. I told her that I would love that but I doubt if the person that took her would let her do that. I told her that they would be hurting that little girl and I dont know how but the sad reality of kidnapings is that how control the kids. We have stopped and prayed that they find the little girl safe and can bring her home.

How do you teach your kids to be safe and what they should do if they get in that situation??

No comments:

Post a Comment